Tuesday, June 22, 2010

When It Rains It Pours

Alot has been going on with all of us mommies (as you can tell). I've been so busy since announcing the pregnancy that I haven't had time to blog about anything! But sometimes I feel like I'm getting a good case of pregnancy brain and just can't think straight or have no idea what I'm going to write about! So today I will update you on what all has been going on.

Pregnancy:
We're 2 days shy of hitting 13 weeks. Let me tell you what a relief it was to make it to 12! Since 7 weeks I have been cramping horribly and consistantly. These cramps have seriously put me out of commission every single night for a month and a half! They begin around 3 or 4 and the pain increases until bedtime. I have tried eating pears, blackberries/cherries, spinach... doesn't work. I've tried rubbing peppermint oil on my belly to ease the pain, occasionally it does work but not always. This little "perk" of pregnancy I could do without! The doc says that its all due to my uterus expanding and as long as there is no blood than don't worry. I'll take that.
Morning sickness has already stayed and gone (thank goodness!) There were a few nights where I had my oatmeal and hubby would sit next to me with whatever he was going to eat for dinner and I would have to sprint from the kitchen table to the living room to avoid the smell or look of the food. Crackers, Jolly Ranchers, Oatmeal & Malt-o-meal got me thru that period. Very glad it's over.
At 10 weeks we went in for the check up and were hoping to hear the heartbeat. After quite a while of searching the doc said she wasn't able to find it. But not to worry or panic that alot of times we just can't hear it this early. Is it possible to tell a pregnant woman who miscarried recently that they can't find the heartbeat but she shouldn't worry? PSH! PLEASE! We left the office and I immediately cried. Feeling like this is it, we're losing this one too! But I quickly pulled myself together and trusted that everything is fine. So far it is. Today we will be going in just to hear the heartbeat. It will be such a joyful moment. I'm going to cry. I'm tearing up thinking about it!


And now everything else...

There really isn't much that has been going on up until last week. We had started budgeting and trying to make plans of what we would do to save money before baby arrives and how we can make things work to make me a Stay-At-Home-Mama. We were hopeful and everything was looking good. The company that hubby works for has been unstable as of lately. There had been rumors that people may be laid off but my husband is good at his job, he is a hard worker and knows what he is doing... he should be golden and we have nothing to worry about. We were wrong. Last Thursday hubby was laid off. Honestly we are trying to stay positive about this. Hubby had wanted to leave that company for a long time. It was a job, not a career. We just hadn't found a door that would open and lead us out. Well the door opened, not the one that we wanted but its there. He filed for unemployment... we'll be receiving a good amount but not as much as he was by actually working, yet it's still more than he'd get if he got a job anywhere else. So we feel a little lost about where to go from here. We are considering selling our home, and that is hard for both of us. We love our home, we were looking forward to raising our kids in this home. It feels like ours. However... it is what it is. We've had to change Iden's daycare schedule down to one day. Saves us money. Gotta do what you gotta do.
Hard times have hit and they've definitely come at the most inconvenient time possible. Whatever the case: For Better or Worse right?


2 comments:

  1. love you girly and i will be praying for you tons! please call if you want me to pray with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A suggestion is to look at this as an opportunity instead of something devasting. Think about starting your own business of some kind. Remember when one door opens another closes.
    come on over to my blog. Maybe you will win the $5 gift certificate to Burger King. Keep your chin up.
    Susan
    http://amazingcouponanddiscountdeals.blogspot.com
    http://susan-livinghealthywithchallenges.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete