Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Welcome Wednesday!!!


Welcome Wednesday is a little something we at G.U.M are gonna try about once a month by welcoming another mommy to take over our blog. Our first guest blogger is Alyssa from AlyGatr's Everywhere. We are pretty new to blogging here at Growing Up Mommies and this was one of the first blogs we followed and one of our first favorites... SO enough of my ramblings.... and more ramblings from Alyssa.... ENJOY!!!!


Five Reasons Why I'm Not SuperMom

Not that I think I'm so super, but the word has been dropped my way a few times and I thought it was high time I set the record straight...

1) I don't wear a cape and I don't have a cool mutant power

I guess I could sew a cape if I really wanted to...but I have no mutant power to go with it. Someone once called me Wonder Woman and I assure you, I'm not tall, skinny or beautiful...not to mention I don't have the bitchin boots, lasso or invisible jet either. Nope, I'm just a plain, old, run of the mill Mom...unless a radioactive spider escapes some secret laboratory and bites me. Then, I can be SpiderMom

2) I hate cooking, especially from scratch

Eating, I love. Cooking...nuh uh. I adore watching Hell's Kitchen and just about any show on The Food Channel, but loving to watch other people cook doesn't translate to liking to cook. At least, not for me. Don't get me wrong, my kids eat plenty of healthy, nutritious food. Luckily for me, they love to eat fruits and as much as I'd like to think so, cutting up fresh fruits is not cooking. Do I cook...yes. We have to eat after all. Does it make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside to do it. Nope. My favorite menu is anything I can cook in less than 30 minutes and preferably using two pots and/or pans...or less. If I had all the money in the world I'd either eat out all the time or pay someone to cook for me. Yep, I'm that lazy.

3) I avoid cleaning bathrooms whenever I can

OK, please don't think I live with some funky smelling, crusted over, moldy bathrooms. They get cleaned...I just don't enjoy doing it and will clean everything in the house first before I touch the bathrooms. God bless anyone who like scrubbing toilets. I...do not. Not one bit. B-L-E-C-H!

4) I have a bad habit of forgetting to buckle up my SweetPea

How horrible is that? Now that she sits in a booster seat and can get herself into it, the only help she really needs when we get in the car is to buckle the seat belt. At least once every other week, I forget. I get Lil Buddy all secured in his car seat, step into the drivers seat, put the car in reverse, only to hear, "Momma, you forgot to buckle me in!" D'OH! I feel horrible every time I do it, yet I keep forgetting. Bad Momma.

5) I'm just NOT

Being a nutty, type A personality that says yes to everyone and everything does not make me a SuperMom. It makes me a stressed out crazy lady who forgets what I'm talking about half way through a conversation and has to write everything down so I don't forget things. I like hope and pray that I'm a GOOD Mom and some days, I think I succeed. So...no SuperMoms here...well, until that spider bites me, anyway!

Thanks to The Mommies for letting me play over at their blog!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks again for allowing me to be part of your adorable blog :) I see you guys are experts at cape making, so maybe I CAN be a supermom if you make me one!!! Hee hee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alyssa can say it all she wants, but she's pretty super. At least I think so...and so do a bunch of other people.

    Cute blog ladies:D

    ReplyDelete