Saturday, April 10, 2010

Moving

Do you think moving can be easy?
Moving on, moving across the state, or even across the street?
Can it ever be easy?
There are always pros and cons to moving.
But REALLY there is no easy way to move on, move away, leave what you know behind.

As a military wife we have officially moved 3 times in 2 years. Moving stinks, I'm tired of it. But this next move we are about to take is for good reasons. My husband is coming home from a 10 month deployment in Afghanistan. YES! 10 whole months he has missed of our kiddos lives, my life, his "life" with his family. It has been a roller coaster of emotions, it has been especially hard on my 4 year old, he has taken it personally that daddy hasn't been here, so that has made this even more difficult. My 14 month old doesn't really know the difference, which is good for me.

But for some reason I am taking this move especially hard. I've gotten use to this life, life with my friends from high school, my sister and my nephew, my in-laws. And I'm sad. Sad to move away, I know it sounds weird to be happy but sad at the same time. I'm beyond excited for my husband to be here but sad to move on, move away. I'm sad to yet again find a new house, a new "home" to help my kids settle in again, get them used to our "new" normal.
It's hard but I know I can do it. After all we have made it through a war, whats moving compared to that? Ahh the life of a military wife, it's a tough one. But someone has to do it.


No comments:

Post a Comment