Wednesday, March 24, 2010

The New Momma Kaitlyn


Hi im Kaitlyn and im 23 years old. I have a pretty incredible life and im so excited to share with people how i got to where i am today! If i were talking to you when i was 16 and you were to tell me that this is where id be in my life right now at 23 i would have told you, you were nuts!!! I came from a very traditional "Christian" background, the whole concept of serve the Lord, get married, have babies, keep serving the Lord, die and one day go to heaven :) Boy have things NOT gone that way at all. I do not regret one move i made, one turn i took, or one bad decision after another that i made over the course of my 23 years. I have remained constant in one aspect of that concept, and thats serving the Lord. I love Him and owe Him everything. He has given me such an amazing life. It was'nt easy getting here but things took a pretty heart braking turn when i was 17 and met the "wrong" guy for me. I fell in love and thought everything was going to fall into place, instead i went through 4 years of mental, emotional, and at times physical abuse and i was completely obsessed with this person and making my dream come true. Instead i had all my dreams ripped away and i ended up a broken and tormented little girl. Healing began and i turned back to my roots, and God picked me up and sent me back out on my way. I was in school and doing well and out of nowhere i met me now Amazing husband Thomas. He is exactly what i have always wanted. We jumped right into every aspect of a serious relationship, head first, and arms open wide, and 2 1/2 years later we were expecting our first little angel. No we were'nt married, but we kept our heads held high and through the scrutiny and judgement of family and some friends, we had our insanely gorgeous daughter, Auburn Rose. She is now 6 months old and shes our pride and joy. Parenting terrified me at first. I had no clue what i was doing, but i learned and i learn every day how to be a better mother to my daughter. She's my everything. A few short months after Auburn was born we decided to go ahead and get married, we love each other, we want to be together for the rest of our days, so we took the plunge and are doing very well. Thomas and Auburn are my source of sanity in this world of chaos. I could not imagine my life without them. I thank you God for my sweet family. I never thought i would be happily married with a child and super supportive family. Not to mention the best girl friends a gal could ask for. My girls have been there to support, guide, and pick me up when times got tough. I just hope that over the course of our years together i've been able to do the same for them.



3 comments:

  1. I absolutely love your post kaitlyn... see you are a natural at blogging!!!! So glad u are apart of this amazing blog... you are such a wonderful mother and we are lucky to have you apart of this blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kaitlyn, awwwww I love your update! Auburn is absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete